Sunday, May 1, 2011

How kids STILL never failed to amaze me

Having two little children (who sometimes act like monsters) really puts things into a totally new perspective for me. They obviously see and figure things out differently from us grown ups.

The little princess of mine, now almost six, once told me about her kindie pal who just had a little sister. My precious mini family is blessed with a princess (her) and a prince (3 year-old toddler). No doubt this princess loves the brother to bits despite the constant bickering. When she found out that her friend had a sister, she suddenly had an idea.

This conversation took place in the car one day on the way home from her kindie.


Mom (me) : How’s your day? (The most overused question ever!)

Princess : My friend now has a little sister.

Mom : Really? Is she happy?

Princess : Of course she is. I want a sister too.

Mom : Why? You have a brother.

Princess : But he’s a boy.

Mom : Okay. So, where can I get a sister for you?

Princess : Just buy one from the supermarket.

Mom : (Speechless!)

5 comments:

fae said...

remember the programme 'kids say the darnest thing'? i love that, and i love this

ctg said...

My nephew who is 7 years old was immitating his teacher during the school assembly as a show for his 6 year old sister. When he said "Guru Besar" his sister said innocently, "Ali, guru kecik, guru gemuk, guru kurus pun ada ke?"

Unknown said...

hehe....my son is at that stage;
now he always asks "perut dah buncit ada baby ke?" hehe

Ashikkin said...

questions we will never find answers to ;)

ctg said...

chip, masin mulut nabil tu. my kaklong was questioned non-stop just like that by her firstborn after she delivered the second, few months later.. expecting!!

ameen... :)